Monday, February 17, 2014

Secrets and Beer


Secrets & Beer
I like them both,
now & again.
It is so hard to share this little secret
cause the chef is only at Gato Bizco Cafe one night a week.
And I want to be able to get a seat in this tiny eatery.

But sharing is caring, so here goes.

Tonight we went to check out Eat Me Speak Me .
This chef has opened up a whole- new -veggie world to me.
Black radishes. C'mon.
Pour some buttermilk gravy over it & evidently I am up for it.
You will be too, Trust me.

I also suggest checking out the other chefs at Gato:
Monday Nights is Hot Fried Chicken (Nashville Style)
Tues- Thursday is Gato Arrigato =RAMEN !!

First off it's BYOB.
Candler Park Market is next door with their amazing wine, beer & sake selection.
Sake Mom brought a little barley Sochu from home.  
Purchased at Tower Liquor Store on Buford HWY
I like my sochu mixed with a little ice water 
Complimentary Grits, Sweet Potato, Roasted Peanut & Korean Chili
Can I have a giant bowl of this please, wow !!

Turnips, Black Radishes, Black Lentils, Buttermilk


Sunchoke Soup
We all tried this.  I picked up my bowl & drank the bottom.
This soup drained the class right out of me. Shamelessly delicious.

Chicken Hearts, Sausage, Beets, GA Mushrooms, Pea Tendrils, Butter Vinaigrette 
Hmmm Chicken Hearts.  What kind of Voodoo are we talking about here?  
Interestingly enough my New Orleans friend ordered this.  She liked it.  Every bit of it.
 I tried a bite of the heart but only before thinking positive thoughts, just in case.
Google it.  It's a thing.

Tofu, Fingerling Potatoes, Bok Choy, Cous Cous, Black Sesame, Soy Milk Glaze

Complimentary Cherry Marshmallows from the Pasty Chef at General Muir
(We are starting to feel pretty special at this point)

Blood Orange Tart
We demolished it.  This is the best pic to show you.  This was my favorite dish.  
There is one milk cube left in photo.  It is meant to taste like the milk in you cereal.  
Plus there was pink salt on the blood orange slices, it was perfect.

Menu from Feb 16th 2014

So as we were leaving.  I said my thank yous to the chef.

They said wait, you can't leave...there's more !!
You must walk down the street to the "speak easy" & try a new brewery to Atlanta.
Say hello to
 



Hey , We are at a Party !!
I really did use a coaster, later.
One of the brewer's dad, Henry, poured the beer.
We tried a very fragrant,complex Spring Ipa (10%),
a smoother Fall Ipa
and a tart Saison called Serpents Spite.
We loved them all !!
P. S Henry was awesome.  
Henry seemed super proud of his son's beer & he also told me he lives at the best restaurant in town because his wife is such a great cook. So there.


Atlanta, you are soooo ready for this beer.
Don't Look Back !!



1 comment: