Friday, January 13, 2012

Cure a Cold ??

Husband has a cold and I don't want it !!
I did a little internet searching tonight and this is the mixture I cooked up for him to get better quickly and (hopefully) a preventative for me.

I LOVE Internet Home Medicine
AND I got to use the cute little grater Felix gave me for Christmas, BONUS.

Directions:
Heat Water in Tea Kettle or stove.

Squeeze 1 lemon in coffee mug
Grate 1 clove of garlic and a nub of ginger ( or a splash of ginger juice****)
Pour hot water over grater into cup

Let sit for 1 minute
Pour into tea strainer into another cup
Add honey to taste
Depending on your state of mind-Add Jameson or Sake if needed.

We tried it tonight..I am not saying it tastes bad but I am not saying it tasted good either.
BUT it tastes like it might work.

More info on Garlic at http://www.garlicbenefits.org/
****I always buy too much ginger so after I make my Green Juice - I will juice the rest of ginger and put juice in a glass container.  It can be used in recipes, drinks or just shoot it for general health.


Then we each had 2 cloves of garlic-lightly roasted in olive oil- eaten with a tasty crostini.
I let you know if I am sneezing tomorrow or healthy with only bad breath ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment